Thursday, November 17, 2011

Our kids are getting Americanized...

When we came to the US, we knew that our kids would probably pick up a bit of an American accent.  It was inevitable and sure enough it has happened.  They are over-pronouncing their r's and every vowel in their pronunciation is sounding more and more like an "a".  But, this is no big deal - we were expecting it.

However, I was left feeling shocked and dismayed the other day when I heard Ashleigh saying that she just doesn't get that "Celsius stuff", and that she only understands temperature in Fahrenheit... !?!  I can't believe it - they are beginning to get warped and sucked in by the American way here.  If Ashleigh comes home wanting to buy cowboy hats, boots with spurs on them and starts to call Sam and Jack "Billy-bob" and "Bubba", I think I'll lose my mind...