Thursday, February 3, 2011

Planners. Who needs em...me!

So I have just bought a planner! One of the highlights of a seminary course I just completed was seeing how Mrs Mary Mohler organisers her life. She has so many functions and things going on. Her husband is the president of SBTS, Mrs Mohler organisers the seminary wives institute, they have two children, they are constantly invited to various functions, they are constantly putting on various functions etc. And alongside all this how does she manage her own home?? Well I found out that a planner is the answer!

She puts absolutely everything in it. When she recieves something in the post she writes what she needs to down in her planner and then files it or throws it away. It seems way too simple but it seems to work. She plans her cleaning, meals, shopping, gift buying, thank you notes, prayer, scripture memory. Honestly her planner is full. However it seems to work. She carries her planner with her everywhere. And she says she goes to bed knowing everything is written down and she no longer has to store so much information in her head. I like the sound of that! So just this morning I purchased one. So I'm currently trying to consolidate all the little bits of paper lying around the house into one place and I am feeling incredibly liberated.


However, I have to confess that while I am writing this I am contemplating how I am going to get around double booking myself for tonight! Praise the Lord for the planner.

Sonia :)